Saturday, May 26, 2012

In Case of Amnesia, Click Here

There's a writing project, of sorts, that I want to do one day. I keep planning it out in my head, scripting sentences and considering plot points.

It's an emergency failsafe, in case I ever forget who I am.



Truth be told, I sort of have a thing for amnesia. Experiencing it, however briefly, is a major goal on my bucket list. It's an exotic idea, almost? The chance to forget who you are, to, perhaps, be a different person? I have major belief that people never stay the same, and are constantly being shaped and remade by the events and people they encounter. If I forget all those events, am I pure? Someone closer to my actual self? Like a slab of raw marble, not yet carved into a statue?

Or, as numerous quotes insist, are we merely the sum of our memories? If I forget my memories, am I a complete stranger, personality and all? I only ever became interested in knitting through one specific person. If I'd never met them, or forgot about them and their effects on me entirely, would I have no interest in knitting? The same is true with many aspects of my personality, and hobbies and likes of mine. It sounds rather childish, I know, but I can't help but wonder. Which is one of the reasons why I really hope my amnesiac self is smart enough to record every single aspect of their thoughts whilst they're unsure of who they are.

Sorry- totally got away from my opening topic. My amnesiac-back up plan.
I want to write every single thing about myself. The tiniest things, too; what my favorite song is currently, the meaning of "cstationl", what I do at night, what username do I typically put for anonymous reviews?
I think it'd be a sort of soul-searching, almost?

 I intend to make it a yearly goal, (If ever I get around to it, I suppose) so even if I never use them, I can compile them all and look back on my past selves. Compare my 17 year old self to my 33rd. Maybe close each entry with what I'd want to tell myself from last year? A time capsule for each year, almost.

I wonder what I'll want to tell my current self next year.
I wonder what I'll be like.

No comments: