Saturday, March 09, 2013

I went to a school last night.

Which was, ah

odd.


It was raining outside and I tried not to make that into an analogy. There was art along all the hallways and cauliflowers painted to look like brains and someone had painted a phrase in Gallifreyan. It was an open house, and there was a girl in a lettermen jacket, a gangly boy with bleached "coontail" bangs, a girl with fake glasses and purple Converse and a blonde boy in a plaid flannel shirt.

It felt like the opening of some Disney movie, or an equally cliched high school sitcom.

The principal had the same name as a fish, and he talked to the entire open house down in the school's basement. It was dark down there, save for the glowing window of the vending machine in the back corner. It was odd, because I've been homeschooled for 7+ years, but I think I'm going to apply.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I don't know what it'll be like? Going to a school. I'm just too used to being by myself all day. I won't actually go until fall, it's too late for me to apply. But still.



I have no clue what I'm doing???

No comments: