Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sleeping Beauty Clobbering her "Prince"

I give up.

I do. I give up.

I give up on daydreams and Prince Charmings and happily-ever-afters. I've always kind of berated myself for considering those ideals anyway, but never enough to stop my subconscious from dreaming of "The One". I could hate myself for it, but I could never really stop fantasizing- don't all girls? We want something perfect, something solid in our chaotic worlds of hormones and emotions and uncertainty. We want something we can never get, and it only ever ends in decent guys trying their bests, and failing spectacularly.

But there aren't even enough decent guys! Just boatloads of assholes, douchebags, womanizers, etc. etc. They never even try to fit that ideal, and for good reason: Women want unattainable perfection, in the same way, I suppose, that men do. They all want their respective perfect fantasy women- typically reminiscent of Victoria's Secret "Angels". But hey, to each their own and all that.



Everyone just keeps trying to fit the perfect molds of the opposite gender, and never fitting it. Like trying to cram a square block into a triangular hole. And eventually people just settle for the closest they can find to their "perfection" and move on. They come to terms, maybe not even consciously, that they will never get their perfect ideal. Hell, maybe they get married with 12 great-grand-children, and still don't comprehend that they will never get that flawless "other half". Some people are just great at denial like that.

The thing is, people never have realistic dreams. And why should they? They're dreams. That's all they are, and therefore, the dreamers have every right to make unrealistic embellishments. Their dream soul mate is attractive, has that exact shade of copper-hair you've only seen once, in a movie. They have striking green eyes and soft, chapped lips and they're great at cooking. They like the exact same music, movies, TV shows as you, and blow your mind every night- let's just say they're pretty skilled.

And does that kind of person exist? Hell no. Of course they don't exist! No one like that has ever existed, nor will anyone like that come to be at any time in the entire universe. And that's to be expected- that's common knowledge, that apparently, everyone is too much of a blithering idiot to notice. Why? Why do they keep up this pathetic stream of whining? "Well, she's okay and all, but I won't go out with her- she's just not my type.".

People's "types". That's a stupid fucking word. Your "type", is your fantasy. Having a "type" essentially means you will never get laid. If you keep turning people down, because all you want is your dream girl/guy, well then, you're screwed.
(Figuratively, of course.)

But what I want to know is why. Why the hell do people keep up this charade of "love"?
It's just all so exhausting and idiotic.



Just wake me up once people get a clue.

No comments: