Thursday, September 20, 2012

When September Ends

Okay first thing: I'm sorry. For everything. Including, of course, the last two posts. And myself. And everything.
Seriously, I'm sorry.

But now I have good news! As in, not depressingly teenage mope-y news where I bitch about my dad!
It's a miracle of the Lord, I know.



Things are. . . actually really good, here. Life is good. Which is kinda a new topic when it comes to this blog. I'm a bit thrown off, I suppose? Since most of the time, I'm just here to write needlessly long stuff about my Dad. Which isn't fair to this blog, because "online journal" or not, a blog deserves some sort of variation. So, again, I'm sorry for that. If you were only to judge my life from this blog, I'd probably seem like a very depressing, pessimistic person- which, while sometimes holding true, is not always the case! So I guess I feel the need to record for posterity the fact that I am not constantly up-tight and crying and musing faux-philosophical.

Exciting stuff is going on! My mother, sister and I are all heading on a college roadtrip this weekend, during which I'll be reading them the lovely book "Looking for Alaska". Then I'll be dropped off in Nashville for a few days to stay with my Aunt and Grandmother whilst they go college-touring, and finally we'll all meet back up and come back home. We haven't had a proper roadtrip since the beginning of this year, which my father had been planning on coming with, but than everything crumbled and just the three of us went. That trip was actually one of the first big events that set the divorce in motion, to be honest.

Besides that, the calendar has finally begun to slide into autumnal territory, which has to be one of my absolute favorite seasons. Followed closely, of course, by winter- because who doesn't love snow and hot chocolate and Christmas presents? But Fall is lovely, because everything turns hearth-colored and there's a cool wind and Starbucks starts making those delicious salted caramel and pumpkin spice drinks. Really, I suppose the second half of the year is always my favorite.

But I feel as if I don't have much to talk about when I'm like this, happily drowning in the sensation of a lovely day-to-day. Things are good. Friends are nice. Food is awesome. The bags beneath my eyes continue to grow progressively bigger, and I don't even care. My dog is adorable, I'm on the decorating committee for the library's Halloween dance, and, as frequently mentioned, I'm going to Japan next year!
Soo, yup.
It's awesome.
Life is cool.

I hope that whosoever sees this has a wonderful an Autumn as I am c :

1 comment:

Auntie Elle said...

Sending you a key to our house. Your writers retreat awaits! xoxoxo