Monday, October 01, 2012

Planning, (100!) Posts, & Panic

Since this is my 100th post on this blog, I tried to find some coinciding post to refer to. Perhaps I'd written a post on October 1st before, and therefore, I could use it to marvel at how much my life has changed?

But then I just ended up flipping through old posts and wincing involuntarily at myself. God, I was so pretentious. Still am, of course, but. . . god. So sorry about that. Of course, there's going to come a day when I look back on this post and sigh and shake my head, marveling at my idiocy and childishness.
 History's doomed to repeat itself, and all.

But the actual purpose of this post is to marvel about 100 posts! Wow!




I know lots of blogs would probably have considerably more posts over the course of 2 years, but, sadly, I am not one of those blogs. So to me, 100 is kinda impressive! To the two-ish(?) people that have read this blog at some point, thank you for spending some of your valuable time reading the silly thoughts of a teenage girl. It's pretty awesome of you, and it tends to make me grin stupidly at my computer.
So, honestly. Thank you.

To any and all other individuals who've accidentally stumbled across this bog once or twice, thanks for not immediately clicking the back button! Or, maybe you did. I don't know. If you did, I don't blame you. If you didn't, then thanks!


Though even if I don't have a beautifully convenient post to compare this one to (I really need to come to grips with that fact that my life isn't that cinematic), I do have things to post! Such as the fact that life is rapidly gaining speed, and plans that were meant to span across years are now covering months. My family had intended to move up to TN with my Aunt and Grandma in late spring or early summer, 2013. But after our little road trip (in which we looked at a few houses), my mother is now taking out loans and searching for jobs more furiously than ever.

Basically, the current plan is to finalize the divorce mid-October. Buy the house come November, and move up come Christmas.

So.
That's pretty exciting.
And kind of terrifying?
But still exciting.

This will be our first move without Daddy-dearest, and my mother is most definitely panicking; about whether or not this is a wise choice, if we could even make it, if buying a house would be a good financial decision- what with the fact that, thanks to the divorce, we're pretty poor now.

My sister is filling out college essays as I type, my mother application forms, and I, supposedly, am going to be finishing my 3 online courses by the end of the year. Seeing as to how I've just barely started them, I don't have much (if any) faith in this goal. Which, for the record, was set by my mother. But she claims I "have more motivation" this year, even though I'm pretty certain I'm as apathetic this year as ever.

Anyways, that's that.
c :

No comments: