Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sweet N o t h i n g s

i'm ripping apart and i'm breaking at the seams
i'm forwards backwards falling
and i'm drowning in my dreams
there's blood on my breasts and
a weight on my chest and
when i breathe in,
my heart takes a  r e s t.

it stutters and i struggle
and heave the air back out
for the hummingbird-beat
that I can't cope without.
and so i'm left gasping,
stopping starting  p a u s e.



when people glance at me odd
I can't help but giggle, 'cause
they don't know. Don't know, don't know
I hear the children in the yard.
They sing in circles
with linked hands
screaming all the way
to the  e n d.

My fingers are fraying,
my legs are tensed.
My ears are ringing and
everyone's absent.
Sand slides through my fingers
and slips through the cracks
the blood drips into it
dark, red,  b l a c k.

The men sing "they're falling apart".
They claim "they're barely breathing"
But then- how are they singing?
Everyone's so good at  l y i n g.

but the problem, as you can see
is my beautiful, inevitable,
deteriorative symphony.
as i'm breaking myself apart
and i'm ripping at the seams.
i'm forwards backwards f a l l i n g

and i'm drowning in my dreams.
'cause there's blood on my chest
and a weight on my breasts,
and when I breathe in,
my whole body decides to  r e s t.

No comments: