Friday, April 19, 2013

April 2013

There is a school outside of my window.
Between the crack in the trees, I can make out their flag pole.
(It's been half mast for 5 days straight.)



Someone pointed out that this week is so bad, the Elvis impersonator who sent poison to the President doesn't even make the headlines.
It'd be even funnier if it weren't true.

I don't know what to make of things right now. I'm lucky to not live in any of the states that are mentioned every 5 seconds on CNN. But I'm scared some local will decide to "chip in" to this week's calamity.

How will this week be remembered? What will it be called- if anything at all? Will this be remembered? Probably not. All in all, it's a bit petty. The marathon will be remembered, of course. But the explosion in West, TX? The flooding and sinkholes in Chicago? The name of the fallen Boston officer, or the face of the homeless man who was killed on the whim of two young boys?

I guess the scariest thing about history is that you'll never know what'll be remembered.

No comments: