Friday, April 05, 2013

I Feel Springy, Oh-so Springy


I was going to construct a poetic post last night, regarding the utterly menial task of walking a dog in the middle of a cold rainstorm at 11PM.

But then I forgot about it, got tired, and went to bed instead.



My purplish-prose mood having passed, I've no need to attempt the post. But I feel like I owe this blog an update, nonetheless. It's not fair to abandon it, after it's done so much for me. So how are you, blog? Are you having a nice Spring? What did you do for Easter? Have any flowers started to bloom where you live? I should really catch up with you more often.

It's weird, because there are seasons here in Tennessee. Seasons. The kind of thing I used to love reading about in The Secret Garden. With bursts of blossoms curling up out of the ground in lazy tendrils, and birds beginning to appear once more, and the odd ladybug or butterfly or bumblebee seen darting around the neighborhood. It all feels very idyllic and somewhat Disney-esque, like I'm watching some animated movie. It's nice though. I think I could get used to seasons.

Oh hey- fun news! Important news! That I haven't said yet because it's sort of old news but!
The divorce was finalized a few days before Easter! WOOOOOOOOOOO!! Sorry, but this requires some exclamation-spam. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Now for the bad news: my dad still has some parental custody over me. BOOOOOOO.
This wouldn't be too much of a problem were it not for the fact that I'm going on a tour of Japan and Korea this coming June (holy shit) and need his consent to leave the country. So, I had to email him this morning.
whoopee.

God knows what'll happen, but with any luck he'll just sign the damn papers without fuss. Probably not- but hey, a girl can dream. But to focus on greener pastures: I'm going to Japan. holy shit. The whole potential-Korean-war thing is pretty concerning, but so far, there've been no official releases from the tour guide as to whether or not we'll still be going. Worst case scenario, we spend 2 weeks in Japan.

Let's see, what else is new. . . oh, someone wants to read a poem I wrote at a college poetry slam! Which is woah. Seriously. Woah. I feel kind of bad for the person that asked me about it, though, because if my poem is the best they could find than they really need to read some more poetry. But still! Exciting and flattering, I suppose. I hope she gets a video of the reading. If so, I may very well post it here, just so you guys can finally hear the darn thing. I still don't know why people like it and I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything, I just really don't get it.

Speaking of poems, there's a local poetry contest going on at the library that I'll probably enter. More details to be found in upcoming posts. And Camp NaNoWriMo is rapidly approaching yet again! Which is super duper exciting and I'm kind of thrilled about. So, ah- yeah. That's about it.

Oh, and one last thing! Thanks to Miranda for the comment on my last post, and welcome to my blog! It's very kind of you, and I sincerely appreciate it. I also apologize in advance for any pretentious prose, depressing rants or other bouts of teenage moodiness. If said teenage moodiness occurs, please redirect to this video of a kitten meeting a hedgehog. The adorableness should negate any angsty posts
( :

No comments: