Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Cursed Key to Happiness

I write this post in faith that my parents will not notice, nor care. But maybe my father will yell at me to go bed, or my mother will softly, but firmly tell me to get off and go get ready for bed. Their quite the surprise, my parents. Something I've learned all too well.

For the past... month maybe? Or weeks? I'm not sure how long its been since I last wrote on this blog, but we all know that I warned you about my irregular posting rate. But for however long its been since I last wrote, I have acquired a sort of veil of normalcy over the image of my parents communications. Things have been undoubtedly better between them, but not tonight.

Oh no, sir, not tonight.


Tonight my mother, my mother, grabbed her purse and car keys, opened the garage door, started the car and drove off.

...

My mother.

My mother.


Never once, since I've become aware of their fighting, have I witnessed my mother walk out of a fight. My father, sure. He's done it a few times, and thats to be expected, in all honesty. When he gets in a real verbal sparring with my mother, he's nothing more then an enraged ball of testosterone. Not a pretty sight, I assure you.

But my calm, docile, albeit passionate mother... I never expected her to do it. To walk out of not only a fight, but also the house? Silly as it may seem, but the thought was never more then a hallucination to me before, a pipe dream, if you will. But no, here I am, writing this post on this completely pointless blog, and its happening. Right friggin' now. I mentioned, only once before, that I have a key that I bought during the trip that I first wrote on this blog, when I was in Tennessee. (See the post "Be Careful; I take things Literally for more) It is, supposedly, the "Key to Happiness". Of course, I don't really believe in the trinket, but at my point in life, Heaven knows that I could use a little Happiness. So, when I arrived back home, I strung the key onto a ball chain and wore it constantly.

Although it appears I bought a malfunctioning key, or maybe a cursed one. At the risk of sounding poetic, the only thing that seems to happen when I wear it is misfortune befalls me, or people close to me. (which, I assure you, are very few)

Yet still, I wear it. Clinging to my only token, my only possibility of happiness it seems. I know that it dosn't work, if it is not cursed as I previously wondered.

No comments: