Monday, October 17, 2011

Please Wipe that Look Out of Your Eyes

"It's driving me to doubt myself,
simply, it's tiring."
~First Love, Adele

I shudder to think of how people would react if they could read my mind, if they knew everything I do in a day. Thats not because I'm paranoid, but because I am, in a certain sense of the word, pathetic. The mere idea of anyone knowing what I do, what I think, makes me want to curl up into a hole and just stay there forevermore.

Not to say I do particularly atrocious or undignified things. It's not like I'm some sort of prostitute, druggie or alcoholic; far from it.
I'm not proud of things I've thought of, dreamed of.
I'm sure that applies to everyone, but no one ever brings it up, so in an oblivious and literal perspective, I can believe that I am the only person whose ever done so.

Sorry, I'm not making any sense.

So, lets switch over to a completely different topic; Winter. I adore Winter. Just as I adore Fall, except possibly more (sorry Fall.) Only one problem: I live in the South. It does not snow here, period. Well, at least not often. This November my family is going on a "college road trip" for my sister, and the impending date of her departure from child/teen-hood into "the real world" never ceases to make my mind swirl and give me butterflies in my stomach.

At some point down the road, will I really be living with just my parents, while she's off at college?

For some reason, that scares me.
Greatly.

Anyway, we're going North to look at possible colleges, and, with any luck, I'll see snow. Snow and rain are some of my two favorite things, one of the many reasons I aspire to move to Seattle someday. However frozen fingers must be kept at bay during this upcoming trip, which means I must immediately begin stockpiling weapons. So today I'm going to the Hobby Lobby, to buy fuzzy yarn and wicked sharp knitting needles, with the purpose of knitting fingerless gloves.

It's gonna be great.

No comments: