Monday, February 18, 2013


I never once dreamed
that I'd start writing poetry
Sure I did it when I was young
But as a teen, it seems so cliche to me.

I guess I'm just a cliche after all
I probably shouldn't be surprised
I apologize to anyone whose read these
I'm sure the shitty prose hurt their eyes

But you see, it's too ____ here
I don't even know how to define
how the wind pulses against the trees
or how the wires keep me in line

My head won't stop hurting
all these brown eyes accusing
Everyone is shouting
But this is too confusing.

God, I don't know what to do.
Is life always this way?
Maybe I should-no. Maybe? 
Or just save it for a later day?

My throat is loaded full of knives
And my shoulders stained with blood
They trace wings along my skin
Like I could fly away- 

(maybe I should)

No comments: